Ok so I had to pick a winner for this. Lots of guesses about something to do with a piano, but the noise was created by overdubbing every single note on an electric guitar. So I played open 6th string, then overdubbed first fret 6th string, second fret… and so on, all the way up to the 22nd fret. And then did it on the rest of the strings.
It was extremely hard to choose (some of the answers were frickin hilarious), it looks like I may have picked a winner. So congrats to Hugo from Brazil for this outstanding effort! I’ve also given a consolation prize (copy of the new album) to L.E. from Brisbane for her awesome effort too.
Both answers are below! :)
Many shall try to discover, but none shall succeed.
To celebrate the release of the new Toehider album “What Kind of Creature Am I?”, we’re giving you a chance to win this good-as-heck prize pack!
This pack contains -
- SWEET copy of the new album
- GOOD A2 full colour poster
- NICE WKOCAI shirt
- AWESOME copies of the Toehider back catalog (The First Six, The Last Six, To Hide Her)
- COOL original first draft of “What Kind of Creature Am I?” lyrics
- FUN original SaltySharpieSketch of Toehead with the creature
- CUTE Toehider picks
To enter, do this -
- head to http://toehider.bandcamp.com/album/what-kind-of-creature-am-i
- Play track 1 (You and I Both Lose, But 5 wins) and listen to the strange sound right before the song starts
- Ask yourself “how did Mike achieve this sound? What is this sound? Is it a combination of sounds? What is going on?”
- Write your answer in an email to email@example.com
- The first correct, or most unique, answer wins!!
I'm digging the new album! Great job guys! I would be very interested in learning how to play the intro mandolin bit to Meet the Sloth. I was wondering if Mike could do a proper walkthrough of that part? I know it's in Mikes Pretty Good Videos, but the camera angle isn't very helpful. Much appreciated :D Again, LOVE the new album.